Fundraising Ideas to Help Sponsor A Well
- Prepare a Bake Sale: This in an idea that never gets stale - we all love bake sales! Host a sale at school, work, church, the entrance to a local store, or any number of places! When people find out that the money is going to provide clean water, they'll be happy to buy a cookie for the cause! This can be combined with other fundraisers and events where people come out. So too can selling popcorn and drinks!
- Plan a Dress-Up (or Dress-Down) Day: Everyone likes to switch it up at school or work! Charge money for people to participate. You can even do theme days, like Pajama Day, Wacky Hair Day, Favourite Character Day, and so on! Perfect to combine with Halloween.
- Work for Water: Do chores for charity. Window washing, car washes, gutter cleaning, grass cutting, baby sitting, snow shoveling, tree pruning. These are things people find difficult to do, and would be happy to support you in a fundraiser for a good cause. Talk about a win-win!
- Organize a Yard Sale: Clean out unwanted items taking up space in your house or garage, and donate the proceeds to people who desperately need clean water. Talk about a good bang for your buck! Organize a yard sale with your church, school, or community where people can donate items or book a table. People who are downsizing or moving find that customers are eager to buy and pay top dollar when they know that the proceeds improve the lives of girls who can go to school instead of hauling water,
- Donate a Day of Business: Business owners can donate their profit from a day of work, or offer a donation matching program for clients for one day. Not only does this benefit Lifewater, it also shows that you as a business owner care about your global community! This is especially effective if you work in a related industry, like drilling or water!
- Hydrate your School or Workplace: Sell water bottles and cups. Fill them with tea or coffee for even more profit! Every $1 gives a child safe water for a year!
- Coordinate a Talent Show: Show off your talent, and host a friendly competition at your local school or church. This is a great way to raise awareness and money, while having a blast! This is a perfect way for younger children to experience the sense of empowerment gained from reaching out a helping hand to those in need. Again, orgainzers of similar events can share their experiences to help you get started.
- Host a Golf Tournament: Gather friends, family, or colleagues and tee off for clean water! Groups have done this for Lifewater in the past, raising enough for several projects in one day! We can put you in touch with organizers of other tournaments.
Special Event Ideas to Sponsor Your Project
- Donate your Birthday or Anniversary: Pledge your next special event as a Lifewater Fundraiser! Instead of people bringing gifts, they can bring Lifewater donations to your next birthday or anniversary party. It's a great way to raise money and awareness for Lifewater, especially in this consumerism based culture we live in! Let us know if you want help with invitation cards.
- Give Lasting Gifts at Christmas: Gather your family together to make a donation to Lifewater, in lieu of Christmas Gifts for people who already have more "stuff" then they need. Give people something to really celebrate with the gift of safe water - the Gift of Life. What a perfect way to celebrate the birth of our Saviour!
- Share your Wedding: Celebrate your wedding by giving the gift of clean water to hundreds, or even thousands of people! You can make a donation to Lifewater in lieu of wedding favours, or ask your guests to make a donation in lieu of wedding gifts.
- Make Meaningful In Memorium Gifts: The Gift of Life in Memory of Life. Let your loved one live on by giving life to a community. What better way to honour the cherished memories of your loved one than by making a difference that will change lives forever. Suggest donations in lieu of flowers or donate a well through their estate.
Start Your Fundraiser
- After planning what type of a fundraiser you want to do, you can contact us and let us know so we can help you as much as possible! Remember, you can do any type or any combination of fundraisers. Some groups set a target for a time-period and do several different kinds of fundraisers to meet their goal. Other groups do the same type of event annually, which tends to grow every year!
- Decide how you want to collect donations. If online giving with credit cards is easiest, set up a giving page on CanadaHelps (by linking it to the Lifewater Page, donations are automatically separated and you can easily track them as they come in). If you are collecting cash or cheques, this can be sent to Lifewater directly. If tax receipt information is included, we can send receipts to all your participants, so keep track of who gives what.
- Contact your friends and ask them to get involved.
- Invite everyone you know to like and share the Lifewater Facebook page, and we will post a story there about your event.
What we do to Match you to a Specific Project
- We set-up a Fundraising Group and segregate all funds that come in directly from you, through donations mailed directly to us, and from contributions we receive on-line.
- We can post a story on our Facebook site about your event.
- We apply 100% of your money straight to an overseas project!
- At the end of your fundraiser, we match you to specific project in Africa or Haiti.
- You get a project certificate and are listed on our web site. You can see and share with your supporters project photos, story and construction details. Thank-you!